this week has been AWESOME! it’s my birthday week and i’ve been loving the perfect fall weather. in honor of the perfect fall weather, here is a perfect fall treat! just in time to celebrate pumpkin season and the lady behind the curtain dessert challenge:
1 1/2 c gingerbread crumbs, i like to use gingersnap cookies!
1/3 c butter, melted
2 pkg 8oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 10oz canned pumpkin
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
vanilla ice cream
1) mix gingerbread crumbs and butter and press into 9″ springform cheesecake pan
1) mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
2) scoop 1 cup batter and set aside
3) add pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg
4) mix well and pour pumpkin cheesecake mixture into crust
5) drop batter in spoonfuls into pumpkin mixture and marble.
now those of you who love love pumpkin and love love cheesecake. stop here. eat a couple pieces. those of you who are only so-so pumpkin cheesecake lovers, move on to next step…
throw a piece or two into the blender with some ice cream
blend and serve.