1. Start with an 1/8 yard scrap of fabric. I found my fabric at Hobby Lobby and from Etsy.
2. Measure how long you want your bows to be and add an inch to compensate for the knot. I wanted big enough bows I could borrow them from time to time. These are about 5″ long.
3. Cut your piece of fabric to match your desired length plus 1″. You should have a piece 1/8th yard wide by 6″ long.
4. Fold and iron. Sew from one short edge to the middle, and from the middle to the other short edge, leaving about 1″ opening. If you are using a patterned fabric, make sure to sew with the two right sides together.
5. Open your tube through the 1″ opening and iron seams. You can hand sew the 1″ opening before you tie the knot but I figured since it wasn’t exposed it would be ok. One less step, right?
6. Tie your tube into a knot, working your knot around until you like it.
7. Sew a hair clip to the bottom and voila!
Enter the giveaway for a chance to win your own pair of fabric hair bows!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I’m co-hosting today a link party with Carrie at My Fave Finds! I’m not sharing the recipe on my blog until Recipe Review day, but go get a sneak peek at Must Try Monday!