- Dollar Store Goodies: I like to visit the dollar store and grab a couple new toys or boredom busters that I keep hidden until a diversion is needed.
- Movies: is there any explanation needed?
- Toys: we pack up her Winnie the Pooh backpack with some favorite toys like figurines or a tea set, a flashlight, and cellphone.
- Books: we visit the library and max out my card with new stories to read. She isn't quite ready to listen to it read, but she loves looking through the pictures at her own pace. Some of our favorites right now are Strawberry Shortcake stories and Barbie:)
- Fun Songs: She loves activity songs like Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes, and If You're Happy and You Know It. I have them all on CD's and we'll play her favorites over and over.
- Blankie: also, no explanation needed.
- Fun snacks and candy: like juice boxes and lollipops!
With a storm on the way, what better way than to heat up your insides with a hearty soup? (and hot chocolate...mmmmmmm)
Broccoli Cheese Soup; another Crock Pot Recipe--via Pioneer Woman
dash of salt
chicken broth, optional